Saturday 8 May 2010

Skywatch Friday 1


Maynooth Sky


































I have never had a chance to play in the weekly Skywatch Friday meme, but I realized tonight--with less than an hour to spare--that I still had time to get these posted for today...yay!  I just shot these photos a few hours ago while sitting on a street in Maynooth waiting for LoML to come out of a shop.  It was actually quite a lovely day, but the clouds were doing some interesting things in the sky, and I had my camera on (of course), so I took advantage of the situation.  This is what I got.

 




I don't know why, but I just liked this kind of silly shot of a pigeon in a tree.  I think it sort of looks almost solarized, but it's a natural solarization.  The only post-production work I did was to resize it.  I just love pictures that allow me to get lost in a crazy pattern like this!

For more Skywatch Friday, check out mine...wait, this is my first time playing!  Okay, then...check out everybody else's right here!

12 comments:

Heather! said...

Dang! It went up at exactly midnight, so it's more like Skywatch Saturday...ish. Oh well. It's still Friday in North America! :)

Bonnie said...

Hello ! Thanks for checking out my blog ! I love your sky photos ! I think I like the color version best ... the blue is just so pretty. BUT ... the straight black and white is nice too !!

Ali said...

Yup, still Friday here ;-) Thanks so much for stopping by and for you nice comment! Your photos are great, I love the pigeon on the roof, that's neat. But the sky is cool, I love the clouds! Your pigeon in the tree would go great with my Find Me Friday meme, you should join in sometime! Well, thanks again for stopping by my blog, have a great weekend!

Kristin said...

Thanks for dropping by at my blog.
:-)

It's amazing how you can create different effects or moods with just the change of colours and focus. Wonderful play with the weekly meme photo. Dramatic monochrome for the first picture. It looks like quite a bad weather. Stormy and going to rain soon. Looks like the light was the focus of the picture. The bird there seemed to be embracing the weather.

But the coloured photo's weather looks just fine. Love the sky and clouds.

Mother's day is just around the corner. Hope you have a great weekend. Have a nice day.

Kristin said...

Following your blog too. :-)

Laura Hegfield said...

Love the lonely looking streetlamp backed by the playful clouds...great shots.

fredamans said...

Very beautiful monochrome, though I do love the original with the depth of the blue sky! Good shot!

Suzi Smith said...

Well, I like them all... great shots!

Photos by Rosie said...

Hi Heather! So glad you like the print! And your blog is cool, so many striking images - I am now a follower! Thanks, Rosie x

Anonymous said...

hey heather it is krissy g your lonely old neighbor from c-town. your mom gave me a link to your blog. looks like you are enjoying yourself over there. we sure do miss you (especially kobe;) talk to you later.

Heather B. aka MyValentine2004 said...

Heather~

Abe sent me a link to your blog- great stuff! I have to comment- we have the same first name and the same background for our blogs- it is like we're connected by some cosmic blog force. :)

I'm so happy to see a little of what you've been up to and can't wait to read more. Keep it coming!

~Heather B

Penelope said...

These are gorgeous! You are very talented.

Related Posts with Thumbnails